- First of all, "Mvto!" (Thanks!) for visiting us! -
Presented by The Friends of Tuckabatchee
Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 7:00 pm
New for 2014! > Matinee Performance, Sunday, October 5 at 4:00pm
Presented on the grounds of the Patterson Log Cabin
HISTORIC TALLASSEE, ALABAMA
| Alabama History
Tecumseh At Tuckabatchee is an engaging full-scale theatrical production that takes audiences back in time to Tecumseh's arrival and great speech to the Creek Council at Tuckabatchee.
Audiences will experience the unique culture, traditions and dances of the Muscogee, as well as, what life was like during this great time of uncertainty for both, the Muscogee and the early settlers and traders in 1800's Alabama.
|- Performance time: 1 hour 45 minutes. Intermission: 15 minutes.
- Our performance takes place outdoors. Dress comfortably and pack appropriate jackets and sweaters for October temperatures and weather changes.
- Audience members should bring their own comfortable folding chairs and blankets. Off-loading chairs and passengers at the front gate is allowed before you park.
- Handicapped parking available near the entrance.
- Blanket space is available around the perimeter of the stage (great viewing location for well-behaved kids!).
- Sodas, water and popcorn available.
- No ice coolers, alcohol or smoking allowed.
Special note: Out of respect for Muskogee traditions shared during this production, as well as, courtesy to the actors and all audience members, no unauthorized photography or recording of any kind is permitted during the performance. After the show, the cast will "meet & greet" and photo requests may be made at that time.
Friday, October 3 || 9:00am to 2:00pm
Featuring Living History Camps & Stations, staffed by Professional Re-enactors, knowledgeable Educators, History Specialists and Members of the Muscogee Nation!
Traditional Muscogee Dance - Storytelling - Daily Life
Native Flute - Traditional Games - Cook Fry Bread
Alabama Pioneers' & Settlers' Life - Tour the 1845 "Dog Trot" Log Cabin
|| Open to Schools and the General Public ||
$5 walk up admission for the general public
The interactive program (15 minutes per station) should take about 90 to 110 minutes to complete.
FIELD TRIP COORDINATORS: Please, contact The Tallassee Chamber of Commerce, at 334-283-5151 for further information, including bus arrivals and parking, study guides, picnic area, local eateries. We also have a catered bag lunch option for groups. We look forward to you joining us for this unique educational experience!